Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Can you think of a better home in which to see some prims sitting on the tables, chairs, front porch and more.....

When I see this wonderful piece, my imagination starts constructing a family, location and a story line. Just fun stuff. Plus I appreciate the detail this work has.

It is named MIZZ HATFIELD'S MOUNTAIN CABIN and is presented by crackerjack1 on Artfire.

From the artist: This cabin has 4 windows and 4 window boxes, 2 in front and 2 in back. There is 1 chimney and 1 full front porch.
I built this out of recycled stuff - wood, metal and packaging materials. All the little wooden planks are cut and sanded. The metal roof is made to look rusty. It takes about a month of spare time. Dimensions: 7 1/2" wide x 6 1/2" deep x 5 3/4" high. 1/48th or model RR O scale.
I pay the shipping for US buyers.
If you own a cabin or your own and would like it modeled, please contact me.
I shoot photos of old barns and cabins when we travel in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. Usually, the cabin/barn I build is in better shape than the one I saw. These kinds of buildings often collapse and are gone forever. I think making them is a lost skill. They are rarely painted, and I love the look of the weathered wood. Who knows what stories these places could tell if they could talk?

You can see this beautiful cabin at: http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=ViewListing&product_id=208986

Enjoy a piece of prime prim real estate in your own home!!!!

Hugs,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment